discord the sandbox


SAND is the utility token used throughout The Sandbox ecosystem as the basis of transactions and interactions. It is an ERC-20 utility token built on the Ethereum blockchain. There is a finite supply of 3,000,000,000 SAND.

SAND Chest

The Sandbox

The Sandbox is a virtual world built on the Ethereum blockchain, where players can build, own, and monetize their gaming experiences.


The SAND token is an ERC-20 utility token that is used for value transfers as well as staking and governance.

Current products on The Sandbox platform include:


Software to create voxel ASSETS, which can then become Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) and be imported to the Marketplace.


A visual scripting toolbox that allows anyone to build 3D games for free.

Game Maker

A visual scripting toolbox that allows anyone to build 3D games for free.

Key metrics (as of August 5th 2020)

Circulating Supply
705,000,000 SAND (23.50%)
Total Token Supply
3,000,000,000 SAND
Binance Launchpad Sale Price
0.008333 USD / SAND

What is "The Sandbox" (SAND)

The Sandbox is a virtual world where players can build, own, and monetize their gaming experiences on the Ethereum blockchain using the platform’s utility token SAND.Players can create digital assets in the form of Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs), upload them to the marketplace, and integrate into games with Game Maker.

A LAND is a digital piece of real estate in The Sandbox metaverse that players can buy to build experiences on top of. Once player owns a piece of LAND, the player will be able to populate it with games and ASSETS. Multiple LANDs can be combined to form an ESTATE.

A total of 166,464 LANDs will ever be available, contained in a map that will form The Sandbox metaverse.

GEM and CATALYST defines the tier, scarcity, and attributes of ASSET. CATALYST adds empty sockets to the NFTs that can be filled with GEMs. The higher the quality of the CATALYST, the more sockets your ASSET will have.

Users can monetize their time on the platform, keeping 95% of SAND as revenue share by:

Selling ASSETS

Users can create and sell ASSETS on the marketplace as NFTs.

Owning a LAND

Buy a LAND in one of the LAND sales. Players can then rent them or populate them with content to increase the LAND's value.

Building Games on the Game Maker

Build and monetize games using the Game Maker on the LANDs that are owned by players.

Through the use of ERC-1776, The Sandbox allows platform users to initate transactions on the Ethereum blockchain while transaction gas fees are paid by the platform, optimizing overall user experience.

The Sandbox platform utilizes a fee capture model, where 5% of all transacted value is being collected from marketplace transaction fees. The other 95% of all transacted value is collected from LAND sales, premium NFT sales, and subscription services. A total of 26.50% of all SAND transaction volume goes back into the Foundation. It is calculated as: 5% x 50% + 95% x 25% = 26.50%

The Foundation supports the ecosystem of The Sandbox, offering grants to incentivize high quality content and game production on the platform. As of the time of writing, the Foundation has funded over 15 game projects and granted 100 artists to produce NFTs.

Recent news

July 2020: Announced LAND presale 4 and introduced The Sandbox's Transportation System.

June 2020: Released private beta of Game Maker and Treasure Hunt.

May 2020: Released alpha version of Game Maker and released beta version of VoxEdit.

April 2020: Introduced GEMs and CATALYSTs and the Value System.

March 2020: Announced partnership with Atari.

Join our community

Be part of our amazing community and stay
tuned for the news.